Springfield Family Law Lawyer
Divorce Lawyers in Springfield, MO That Put Decades of Experience in Your Corner
When people seek out a Springfield, MO family lawyer, they may be going through some personally turbulent times. What they need most is to know that their attorney has a handle on their situation–that the lawyer is someone who has a well-rounded knowledge of the law, a diligent approach to detail, a compassionate heart for people going through stress and a fiery spirit that will always fight for the best interests of their clients.
Going through a divorce can put a person’s life up in the air. Everything from their house, their car—even their children—are now subject to negotiations. Scott G. Taylor Attorney at Law will lead our clients through everything from property division and alimony to child custody and child support issues. If an existing settlement is in need of modification, we can help with that too.
The attorneys at Scott G. Taylor Attorney at Law have over 25 years of experience handling sensitive family law issues. Call the Springfield office today at (417) 487-4244 or reach out online to set up a consultation.
Do I Need a Divorce Lawyer in Missouri?
Whether or not you need a lawyer in Missouri depends on the circumstances of your divorce. If you and your spouse can agree on all of the terms of your divorce, such as child custody, child support, alimony, and property division, then you can file for an uncontested divorce without an attorney. However, if you and your spouse cannot agree on any of these terms, or if your divorce is contested for any other reason, you must hire an attorney.
There are many benefits to hiring a lawyer. Our family law lawyer can help you understand the legal process, protect your rights, and negotiate the best terms for you and your children. Our family law lawyer can also help you avoid costly mistakes, such as filing the wrong paperwork or missing a deadline.
If you are considering divorce, discussing your situation with our lawyer is crucial. In addition, our lawyer can help you determine whether you need to hire our lawyer and can answer any questions about the divorce process.
Understanding Child Custody Laws in Missouri
When going through a divorce or separation, one of the most important and emotionally charged issues is child custody. Missouri has specific laws and guidelines in place to determine custody arrangements that are in the best interests of the child.
At Scott G. Taylor Attorney at Law, our experienced family law attorneys understand the complexities of child custody cases and can provide you with the guidance and support you need. We will explain the different types of custody, such as physical custody and legal custody, and help you navigate through the legal process.
Our team will work diligently to protect your rights as a parent and strive to achieve fair resolutions that prioritize the well-being of your children. We will advocate for your desired custody arrangement and help you understand the factors that the court considers when making custody decisions.
By choosing our law firm, you can expect:
- Compassionate and personalized legal representation
- Thorough knowledge of Missouri child custody laws
- Strategic guidance throughout the entire legal process
- Strong advocacy for your rights as a parent
- Effective negotiation and litigation skills
During a difficult time, it is crucial to have a trusted legal team by your side. Contact Scott G. Taylor Attorney at Law today at (417) 487-4244 or fill out our secure form to schedule a free consultation and discuss your child custody concerns.
Our Family Lawyers Handle Adoptions!
Not all times of family turmoil are causes for sorrow. Adoption can be a time of great joy, adding a new member to the family. That joy still comes with plenty of legal issues. Scott G. Taylor Attorney at Law are here to journey with our clients and give them well-thought out legal advice at this life-changing time.
How a Springfield Family Lawyer Can Help
The process of handling family legal matters in Springfield can be emotionally challenging, but you can make a significant difference with the help of a skilled family lawyer. In addition to divorce and child custody, these attorneys provide spousal support and property division services as well. Here are some benefits of hiring an experienced Springfield family law attorney:
- Legal Guidance and Explanation: A Springfield family lawyer provides comprehensive explanations of legal procedures, ensuring clients understand their rights and responsibilities in family law matters.
- Negotiation and Settlement: Skilled in negotiation, our attorneys work towards fair and favorable settlements, addressing issues such as property division, spousal support, and child custody.
- Division of Marital Assets: In divorce proceedings, our family lawyer aids in fairly distributing marital assets and debts, securing an equitable resolution for both parties.
- Child Custody and Parenting Plans: With a focus on the well-being of children, family lawyers help establish parenting plans and address child custody matters, prioritizing the children's best interests.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Family lawyers explore alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation, to resolve issues amicably and avoid protracted court battles.
- Objective Advocacy: Acting as calm and objective advocates, family lawyers provide support during emotionally charged family disputes.
The expertise of our Springfield family lawyer is crucial in navigating the complexities of family law, ensuring clients receive the guidance and representation needed for favorable outcomes in their cases.
Contact Our Family Law Firm in Springfield, MO to Get Started
Scott G. Taylor Attorney at Law has lawyers with legal experience that goes back to the early 1990s. We understand how the Missouri legal system works and we know how to advocate for your clients.
If you’re dealing with family law issues, you can rest and know that we’re fighting for you. From our Springfield office, we serve people throughout Greene County, Christian County, and Webster County, MO, and we can serve Spanish-speaking clients.
We Provide a Free Initial Consultation Also Available by Phone or Video
We Offer Reasonable Financing Options & Payment Plans
We Are Available to Our Clients 24/7
We Treat Clients With Respect at All Times
We Have Exceptional Litigation Skills & Know When to Use Them
We Are Honest & Focused on Your Goals
We Provide Great Value Through Our Service